Sunday, November 22, 2015

Book Review: Forgotten Tales of South Carolina

Disclaimer: I received a book to review. All opinions are my own. 

I've had the pleasure of speaking with Sherman Carmichael, author of many South Carolina paranormal books, and truly enjoyed our chats. When I had the opportunity to read Forgotten Tales of South Carolina, I was beyond excited. 

This book has over 100 tales spanning the entire state of South Carolina. There are interesting tales, reminding me of the rich history our state possesses. 
From the desk of master storyteller Sherman Carmichael comes a collection of over one hundred quirky tales from South Carolina. The origins of these stories are as elusive as the swamp monster that slinks along the bottom of Lake Murray and as hidden as the moonshine bootleggers buried inside the Stumphouse Tunnel between Charleston and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Discover how the witch Mary Ingelman of Fairfield County caused a man's cow to fly into the air, read the prehistoric petroglyphs of Pinnacle Mountain and visit the mermaid entombed inside the Hall of Wonders. Collected from Greenville to Myrtle Beach and down the coast, these stories have survived blizzards, tornadoes and pterosaurs to make it to the pages of this offbeat and rare collection.
Mr Carmichael has pulled me in, like listening to family members who have long passed and hearing the tales that make each location unique. Being a paranormal investigator, I love hearing about the legends of the state and finding new locations to check out. Mr Carmichael has given me new challenges and I can't wait to get out to explore these tales myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment