1. GoPro Hero3 Silver. This particular GoPro has been professionally altered for maximum use in the field. It has an added IR ring. It was built by RageCams.
2. GoPro Hero tripod adapter- this allows you to place the regular GoPro mounts on a tripod/ monopod GoPro Tripod Mounts $4.99
3. GoPro Hero3 frame- It allows me to securely attach the GoPro to the mounts without using the waterproof case. I use the waterproof case in the daytime, but I can't use the IR ring with it. Si Chi Standard Frame Mount Housing Protective Shell for Gopro Hero 3 Camera $2.99
4. Monopod. This is a very simple monopod with the ball head adapter removed. It does extend, but I do not use it extended. It is a good monopod for a gopro and lightweight, but it does not come with an adapter, like implied- but still a god price. Floureon® Telescopic Extendable Pole Extender Handheld Monopod $4.99
5. Mount- This L Bracket is slid between the camera and monopod (it can also be placed on a tripod) and is help securely in place when the tripod adapter is screwed on. It has 2 Hot Shoe mounts, but another one could be used beside where the camera is placed. Heavy Duty Photography L Bracket with 2 Standard Flash Hot Shoe Mounts $6.99
6. Hot Shoe Mounts. These attach to the mount and allow you to put anything that works on a tripod on it. Lights, extra cameras, recorders, microphones, etc. I actually use the top rubber piece to secure the light in place since the light is meant to be mounted with a screw. LimoStudio 2x Mini Black Double Screw Angle 1/4" Hot Shoe Mount Adapter Holder, AGG1451 $5.99
7. External IR Light Crazy Cart 48-LED CCTV Ir Infrared Night Vision Illuminator $10.33
8. DC to 9V adapter & Velcro- this allows me to use anything I would normally use with a wall plug to become portable. I connect it and use velcro to attach it to the mount. 2Pcs 2.1x5.5mm Male DC Power Plug to 9V Battery Button Connector Cable $1.43
9. Mini USB to 3.5 Jack (not shown) & Microphone (not shown). I do have the ability to use an external microphone with the GoPro by using this adapter and a small microphone that clips onto the mount. I could also use a boom mic or shotgun mic (as long as it uses a 3.5 jack) with the right mounting capabilities. 3.5mm Mini USB Microphone Adapter Cable External Cord for Gopro Hero3 Camera Black $6.57. Remember- when choosing a microphone, try to get one with a wind screen.
All of it goes together to create an awesome machine that is ready for any nightime shooting. Keep in mind that this is what works for me. I have aquired these items oer time and sometimes for different purposes and found what worked for me. This whole build has been a work in progress and I am always finding new additions and items that work better.
I would love to see and hear about your camera set up- what do you do the same or differently?