Sunday, April 19, 2015

I Caught The Bug: My First Bigfoot Expedition

I have been interested in Bigfoot since I was about 8 years old. A teacher sent me home with a book about mysterious animals to read. The book was about the Kraken, Bigfoot, Nessie, Chupacabra, and many more. From that time on, I would read or watch anything about these mysterious creatures, especially Bigfoot. In all honesty, I never thought I would get the opportunity to look for Bigfoot. I thought they were all in the Pacific Northwest. I didn't think there was any way they were in South Carolina.

On June 1st, 2013, the team decided to have a sort of training exercise to get everyone used to being in the woods and learn how to look for oddities. This was just an exercise in case we needed to look for cryptids or investigate haunted forests. We also decided to take this time to do a live broadcast that was a discussion with the team.

We found a good bit of interesting evidence and even had some experiences that couldn't be explained. After this night, our research took off and gained the attention of the local news stations. Some of these stories were even picked up by international media outlets.

This is my journal entry after that night- I have caught the bug and jump at every opportunity to look for Bigfoot.

Bigfoot Hunt: June 1, 2013 To be honest, I did not expect to have any experiences, especially since I was assigned command central for the night. At the most, I thought we may hear some sounds that we were unsure of and hear from the team if the habitat was likely to be the home of a Bigfoot. However, the evening started out with a bang- literally. Inspector Cryptid, Marty, and a couple of other members went for a preliminary walk in the woods and that left Lisa and I alone at command central. 

At first, we hear a rock hit the building behind the home on the property. A few minutes later, we hear a rock hit the building behind the neighbor's house. A few minutes after that, a rock hits a bag of charcoal behind where we are seated. At this point, we decide that it is not coincidence and decide to go check out the woods. 

We radio the field team and tell them what we experience, grab the camera, and head towards the woods. We get to right before the woods start and stop to listen. Within a couple minutes, we hear a distinct "woop." When we heard the woop, we realized the woods were completely quiet. A bird started singing, but stopped in mid song- I have never heard anything like it. We radio the team to see if they had made the woop. They had not. After we finished talking with the team, we heard a very distinct wood knock from pretty close to where we were. This was not a branch breaking. We decided not to radio the team again- they would never believe us. 

We then headed back to command central so we would not scare anything off. After the team returned, we learned that they had heard woops as well. They had also found some trees that had been pushed over and footprints at the base. We were going to cast them the next day, as it was already about 2am. However, storms came in that night and washed evidence away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment